Have you been wondering about the most effective way to set and attain goals relating to your baseball dreams and aspirations? Your goals are vital to your future success and writing them down will go a long way toward achieving them. There’s a specific formula for goal-setting that’s been proven by successful athletes to be very effective, and that formula is best described using the acronym S.M.A.R.T. SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-limited. Setting SMART goals will help you achieve your baseball dreams.
How Can You Make Sure Your Goals Are SMART?
- Specific – A non-specific goal would sound something like this, “I will improve my game.” A specific goal, on the other hand, would be, “I will increase my base hits per game.” When a goal is specific it is easy to track, because it is…
- Measurable – If your goal is to increase your base hits, it’s easy to track from one practice or game to the next. As your number of base hits increases, you can see that you’re making progress toward your goal.
- Attainable – Setting a goal of 300 base hits per game is obviously not attainable, but if you’ve been averaging three per game, setting a goal to double or triple that number is an attainable one. An attainable goal is something that’s possible for you to achieve, so it inspires you to try harder, practice more, and visualize achieving your goal. It isn’t daunting, it’s doable.
- Relevant – Your goals should always be based on current conditions; if you’ve never had a base hit, doubling or tripling the number of them is not relevant. A better goal would be “I will learn what I need to do to get at least one base hit every game.”
- Time-Limited – When you have a time limit, or deadline to reach your goal such as “I will double my base hits by the end of this season,” it forces you to work on a strategy that will help you reach your goal within the set time frame. Your coach can advise you on things you can do to keep moving toward your goal and achieving it within the time limit you’ve set.
If you are a parent looking for an organization that will support your children and offer multiple challenges for growth, CageRat Baseball invites you to come in for a free training session to test the waters and check out our facility. Your kids deserve to be supported in their efforts to learn and participate in baseball or softball. CageRat is here to help improve their skills, gain confidence, and fall in love with a sport that can enable them to reach their full potential. Rely on our caring and experienced professional coaches to treat your kids with respect and help them master the fundamentals for achieving success. At CageRat Baseball, we take pride in helping your children reach their full potential.
Read more here about goal-setting and how it can help your child succeed.
If you would like to attend a free workout, give us a call at 719-445-8500 or send us an email.
See how we compare to our competition and ask how we can help you achieve your baseball or softball goals. Have a great weekend and we look forward to hearing about your SMART goals!